By [https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Olaniyan_Taibat/2265267]Olaniyan Taibat
The advent of technology has opened more ways for shoppers to have access to varieties of products such as groceries, electronics, kitchen utensils, and many more. This article focuses on those areas that need to be addressed by both customers and online shopping owners to achieve customers' satisfaction and also generate amazing revenue.
1. Credibility: This implies that not all retail shops that provide online shopping carts are reliable to buy from. We need to check the product manufacturer, year of production, year of establishment and in-built materials. The online shopping that gives warranty irrespective of the duration receives more customers as compared to those without warranty.
2. Services: Most reputable and international online shopping outlets do provide shipping cost as part of the item cost whereas some local ones do not. Another aspect of shipping I would like to talk about is free shipping which attracts more than 80% of customers. Although free shipping in most cases are not available for all kinds of products or prices but are available for items from pre-defined prices. These are commonly available locally for home furniture, refrigerators, and other heavy electronic appliances.
3. Payment System: While there are numerous payment systems nowadays, shop owners need to ensure customers' electronic cards are safe to use on their platforms. There are payment systems such as Paypal, WePay, Google Checkout, Amazon Payments and so on. Here, we can agree that the number of customers that purchases products are determined by the number of users of the payment system. The difficult it is to use a system or card, the lower the number of customers that will buy from your stores.
4. User-friendly Interface: it's the responsibility of online shop owners to provide a friendly platform for customers likewise shoppers should also ensure platform with easy navigation is selected. This makes it easy to search for a variety of items at different prices. It will assist in searching for products with different makers. The more the platform is easier to navigate, understand and search, the more the customers who will patronize such online sales outlets. this automatically translates to an increase in sales.
While some platforms are not mobile-friendly, we have many with the mobile-friendly platform. With a mobile-friendly platform, customers can easily browse through categories of products and make an online purchase as compared to the platform which you can have full view only through PCs. This feature has contributed a lot of sales revenue to online shopping companies that use a mobile-friendly platform.
As a customer, we always like to see a detailed description of the product before proceeding to order. This will give an insight into what to expect when purchasing an item. Mobile phones are a good example of this as online shop owners should include information not limited to the brand name, year of manufacturing, screen size, OS, and camera features.
5. Product Photos: The last way forward that I will like to mention is an image. I love to see the image of what I intend to buy and believe this applies to more than 90% of those who prefer to buy online. Seeing the image gives more information and pictures of what you intend to buy. It also gives chances to shop owners to display products of same sizes and prices but different colour to customers. While some men love to buy blue items likewise some women prefer pink or purple irrespective of the brand. So the ability to portrait a good and bright image of products will also drive more customers to your online shop. Make use of good camera with good colour resolution.
Article Source: [http://EzineArticles.com/?A-Way-Forward-for-Online-Shopping-Companies-and-Customers&id=10203109] A Way Forward for Online Shopping Companies and Customers